Also known as the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, ACA, ObamaCare and the Health Reform Law, it:
- Provides new rules to improve the overall health care system
- Improves coverage for those with health insurance
- Provides coverage for people who are uninsured or looking for new coverage beginning in 2015. How do I access the Health Insurance Marketplace?
You can apply for health insurance by calling (800) 318-2596 or visiting www.healthcare.gov. If you need more information on where you can go for help, call 2-1-1.
Four things to know about the Health Insurance Marketplace
- Low-cost and free plans are available, as well as financial help, based on how much money you make.
- No one can be turned down because of a pre-existing condition like diabetes, asthma or mental illness.
- All insurance plans will cover doctor visits, hospitalizations, mother & baby care, emergency room visits and prescriptions.
- All plans will show costs and what is covered in simple language with “no fine print.”
What information do I need handy in order to apply?
When you are ready to apply, you’ll need to provide some information about you and your household, including your income and any insurance you have right now.
- Social Security Numbers or document numbers for legal immigrants
- Employer and income information for every member of your household who needs coverage
- Pay stubs or W-2 forms
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance plans covering members of your household
Just like with BadgerCare+, applicants can enroll in Marketplace coverage and get help:
- Please make an appointment with one of our Certified Application Counselors by calling (414) 267-6570.
Affordable Care Act Power Point
Consumer website: ACA and Marketplace info, sign up email updates, register an account
Partner website: Brochures, videos, training and more information